Sunday 18 August 2013

Now We Are (Nearly) 28: On Blogging

It's that time of year again - my birthday is fast approaching, I'm making a slightly ham-fisted effort at arranging several celebrations and thinking about what I want to achieve in the next year that I've thus failed to do in 28 years on this planet... This year, not for the first time, I've fixed on trying to keep up my blog

I've got a patchy track-record with blogging, at least personally, although I have managed to blog fairly consistently for various work projects. I have always loved writing and I do enjoy blogging - it's just often when I have the time I don't have the inspiration and vice-versa. I'm also quite lazy and prefer to spend my free evenings watching Grey's Anatomy boxsets rather than doing something that could be classed as at least half-way productive. The last time I really did any consistent writing was when I was at university which is now nearly a decade ago (gulp). I've always planned to do further qualifications but I'm starting to realise that I'll need to do something in the interim to maintain my few skills. 

My primary aim for this project is to brush up my writing so I'll be talking about anything and everything that pops into my head. The goal is at least one post per week - but there may be more if I get particularly inspired. This introduction is a little bit self-indulgent but hey, it's my blog - I'll be meta if I want to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment