Wednesday 20 April 2011

30 Day Music Challenge: Day Twenty Seven

Day 27: A Song You Wish You Could Play

As discussed in the last post I am not a musical person. I can't sing and I can't play any kind of instrument let alone play even one of the songs I love. In a perfect world I would be a singer/songwriter with multi-coloured hair and a wardrobe full of rock star clothes. However, it isn't a perfect world - don't get me wrong, my world is pretty damn awesome - but there are things I will never be able to do and being a musician is one of them. To a certain extent this is my own fault for not taking the time to learn/practice/whatever but it's also just a lack of natural skill!

There are therefore a lot of songs I wish I could play, most songs if I'm truthful. But I've got to choose one and as I'm a guitar chick at heart it has to be an air guitar classic - Sweet Child O'Mine by Guns'n'Roses. This song is a deserved classic and I love dancing to it although as I do a lot of air guitar I undoubtedly look like a complete moron whilst doing so! If by any chance I discover any hitherto untapped musical brilliance this is definitely the first song I'd want to learn to play...





"She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that special place
And if I'd stare too long
I'd probably break down and cry
Sweet child o' mine

Sweet love of mine"

No comments:

Post a Comment