Saturday 16 April 2011

30 Day Music Challenge: Day Twenty Six

Day 26: A Song You Can Play on an Instrument

Bahahahaha! This is going to be the shortest blog post in the history of the world. I can't play any instruments, at all. In fact, despite the fact I adore music, I must be one of the least musically talented people in the world. I wasn't allowed to learn the violin or join the choir because I couldn't tell one note from another and I played the recorder ineptly for a few months at primary school - that's the full extent of my musical repetoire! It's a shame because I'd love to be able to play some of the wonderful music that I love but I long ago accepted the fact that I'm musically incapable! 

So the answer to this question is, by default, the only song I have ever been able to play on an instrument - a French nursery rhyme called Frere Jacques on the recorder (the video is not me by the way). And I couldn't play it now to save my life!!



"Frere Jacques,
Frere Jacques,
Dormez vous?
Dormez vous?
Sonnez les matines,
Sonnez les matines.
Ding Ding Dong,
Ding Ding Dong."

No comments:

Post a Comment