Thursday 7 April 2011

30 Day Music Challenge: Day Twenty Three

Day 23: A Song That You Want To Play At Your Wedding

Interesting question... I'm not one of those women who's had her entire wedding planned out in her head since the age of five (in the style of Monica from Friends) but I've always assumed I would eventually get married. When I was younger being 25 seemed unimaginably old and, particularly as my mum got married at 23, I couldn't have imagined not being married at my age! Now I'm here though there's still no great rush - finding the right person is much more important. Admittedly, I occasionally have moments when I freak out about not being married, especially as more and more of my friends start heading down that road, but they're few and far between.

If I do ever manage to persuade some poor misguided man to spend the rest of his life with me then all I know is that I want to be surrounded by the people I love and I don't want to spend a billion pounds - something I'm sure my parents will be pleased to hear! Other than that - well, I'll work it out if and when I get there. It's only one day after all - all you need is a pretty dress, lots of cake and even more champagne... Music is important though and, alongside all the old favourites, there are three songs I definitely want to play. Yes I know I'm supposed to only choose one but what the heck, it's my imaginary wedding!

1. Bad Touch - The Bloodhound Gang
I started singing this in Andy's kitchen the other day whilst trying to decide what to choose for this post. It's silly and utterly inappropriate but it'll make my life if I get to dance to this song in a wedding dress! 



2. How Do I Live Without You - LeeAnn Rimes
Now for something completely different... When I was 12 my brother and two of my cousins got married within about 4 months of one another and I remember declaring that this would be the song I had my first dance to when I got married. Being older, wiser and slightly better educated musically this is no longer the case however I would quite like to hear this song at some point during the day - in honour of my 12 year old self. 



3. Unintended - Muse
I've been trying to shoehorn Muse into one of these posts for a while now - after seeing them in Manchester last year they'll always be one of my favourite bands. I love a bit of guitar rock and over-the-top showmanship! The only disappointing thing about seeing them live was that they didn't play Unintended which is a real shame because it's a beautiful song about how falling in love doesn't always go to plan. I can't work out whether that's fitting or just weird for a wedding but who cares!



"You could be my unintended
Choice to live my life extended
You could be the one I'll always love
You could be the one who listens to my deepest inquisitions
You could be the one I'll always love
I'll be there as soon as I can
But I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I had before 
 

First there was the one who challenged 
All my dreams and all my balance 
She could never be as good as you

You could be my unintended
Choice to live my life extended
You should be the one I'll always love

I'll be there as soon as I can

But I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I had before
I'll be there as soon as I can

But I'm busy mending broken pieces of the life I had before
Before you"


No comments:

Post a Comment