Tuesday 1 March 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day One!

One of my New Years' resolutions was to blog more frequently which, given that it's now March, is somewhat laughable. The last two months have, however, been high on life-related trauma and low on time to do things like blog, exercise or sit down. I'm going shamelessly plagarise the 30 Day Music Challenge idea from Andy, Nuala and Ness as it seems like a good way of getting into the habit...


Day One: Your Favourite Song
I avoid answering this question all the time. In fact I have spent DAYS thinking about this question and I'm still not convinced I know the answer. I'm quite faddy so the song I'm listening to at the moment tends to be my favourite. However there are some songs which stand out, the ones that get me through the happiest and saddest times in my life as well as the ones that get me out of bed and into work every morning. The song I've chosen - because I have for once managed to make a decision - could actually fit into a lot of the categories on this list. It makes me happy but it's also made me cry. I know all the words, I've danced to it a million times and  it reminds me both of people and places I've loved. It's also a song I've loved since I was little and had no idea who The Cure were or what the song was about, I just liked the chorus! Over the past couple of weeks I've thought about and listened to this song more than I have in years so choosing it seems particularly appropriate.

My favourite song is of course Friday I'm in Love. It's a song which seems to run through the fabric of my life and even at the times in my life when hearing it made me sad it's always been a song I loved. At the moment just hearing the opening bars makes me want to dance like a crazy person so, of all the songs that I love, this is officially the one I love the most.







"I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's grey and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday I'm in love"

No comments:

Post a Comment